Teeth whitening is a non-invasive dental treatment that lifts stains from the pores of teeth and lightens the colour of your tooth enamel, making your teeth look brighter and whiter, yet natural. Whitening is the safest and most cost-effective solution for people wanting whiter and brighter teeth.
What are your choices?
Confident to try at home yourself with us to support, advice and monitor?
- Then the ‘Take-Home Whitening’ option provides you with all the necessities to not only whiten your teeth once, but everything you need to do it more regularly, by yourself, any time you want, anywhere you might be! It’s our dentist’s favourite choice helping her keep her bright white smile always ready for you!
- Not confident to venture on your own or just want us to pamper you with a session of ‘In-Office Whitening’? Well, why not! We love pampering our patients…Simply call us for an initial evaluation so that we can assess your suitability and readiness for the procedure. Then leave it to us and we will do the rest!
How does it work?
Take-home whitening starts with the creation of a customised tray made from impressions that we take of your mouth. Hence, the tray is comfortable, well-fitting and safe. You then take this whitening tray home and add the whitening product to start your whitening session. We will give you detailed instructions on how to use the product and review your progress during your treatment time to achieve the best and safest possible results. The tray is yours for years!
In-office whitening can take up to an hour. You get to lie in the chair, relax and have the entire procedure done for you using higher strength gels that are applied and carefully monitored by your dental clinician. Most people are pleased with the 1 to 2 shade lightening they see. Best choice for if you have an important event or special day coming up or that zoom session where you want to look your best as the results are instant. Many practices use special lights to quicken the activation of the gel often causing tooth sensitivity. Instead, we treat your teeth with diligent care and a sound understanding of the science and therapeutics of our materials and methods.
Whitening can help remove stains on your teeth caused by smoking, drinking beverages such as coffee, tea, wine and some foods.
What products do we use?
The product of our choice is Pola, manufactured in Australia and meeting Australian guidelines. This peroxide-based gel has been on the market for over 15 years and we have had excellent and safe results when used according to manufacturer’s instructions and our careful guidance and advice.
For more information about Pola, please visit: https://polawhite.com.au/en-AU/our-products/
Please note the following considerations:
- Teeth whitening is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- It is not permanent and the degree of whiteness will vary from individual to individual depending on the original colour of your teeth
- It will only work on natural teeth and external stains
- It will not work on internal stains and abnormalities in poorly developed teeth
- Healthy gums are recommended prior to treatment. We can help you achieve this!
The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability. Contact us to make a booking.