What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the new standard of care for tooth replacement. They are secured into the jaw bone to provide long-term support for crowns and dentures.
Implants are lightweight, strong, biocompatible and are generally made from titanium, the most widely used material in implant dentistry. Here at Cabarita Dental we restore and maintain your natural smile with individual dental implants, implant-supported fixed bridges, or implant-supported dentures.
We use world standard implant systems that have been on the market and have been tested for over 10 years with long-term clinical data reported from multicentre studies and publications.
Ask us for more information about restoring and maintaining your natural smile with individual dental implants or implant-supported fixed dentures.
When are dental implants used?
Dental implants can offer an ideal solution for people who have lost one or more teeth. This may be the result of tooth decay, an injury or naturally missing teeth. They are an amazing way to secure full dentures. We recommend implants when they suit the needs and budget of the patient. Candidates for implants should be in good general and oral health and have adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant. At your initial consultation, Dr DeLillo will appraise your needs and explain all the options available to you. This will include all factors and processes to be considered in view of your customised treatment.
What are the benefits?
Implants provide a number of important cosmetic and functional benefits:
- They are a permanent solution, providing teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth.
- They help withstand greater bite pressures with dentures.
- They secure your denture from slipping, so there is no discomfort or embarrassment.
- You can clean implants along with natural teeth.
- Implants are strong enough to provide a reliable foundation for chewing.
- They prevent bone loss and maintain the jawbone’s shape and density. This ensures the integrity of the facial structure and facial appearance.
- Implants do not compromise the health of surrounding teeth, unlike traditional options such as bridges.
- Unlike bridges, implants do not require the cutting and reshaping of surrounding healthy teeth.
Implants may not be for everyone! If you have brittle or damaged jaw bones or if you have some general health issues, you may find that they are not the best solution for you. You should discuss this with Dr DeLillo. Your initial consultation will confirm your suitability.
With 20 years of clinical experience in the field of implant dentistry, Dr DeLillo is committed to ongoing study and investigation in this area. Our team is well trained, skilled and knowledgeable and are dedicated to keeping up with cutting edge new developments, research, and technology. Dr Delillo is a member of several implant related professional bodies including the Australian Osseointegration Society (AOS) and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI).
For more information please visit: