At our practice, we offer take-home teeth whitening. This is a non-invasive dental treatment that lifts stains from the pores of teeth and lightens the colour of your natural tooth enamel, making your teeth look brighter and whiter.
How does it work?
Take-home whitening starts with the creation of a customised tray made from impressions that we take of your mouth. Hence, the tray is comfortable and well fitting. You then take this whitening tray home and add the whitening product to start your whitening session. We will give you detailed instructions on how to use the product and review your progress during your treatment time to achieve the best and safest possible results.
What products do we use?
The product of our choice is Pola, manufactured in Australia and meeting Australian guidelines. This peroxide-based gel has been on the market for over 15 years and we have had excellent and safe results when used according to manufacturer’s instructions and our careful guidance and advice.
For more information about Pola, please visit: https://www.polawhite.com.au/en-AU/
What are the benefits of take-home teeth whitening?
Take home teeth whitening,
- is the safest and most cost-effective solution for people wanting whiter and brighter teeth
- can help remove stains on your teeth caused by smoking, drinking beverages such as coffee, tea, wine and some foods
- can be done in your own time and pace in the comfort of your home
- uses custom-fitted mouth trays which minimise contact of the gel with gum tissue
- products are milder than products used in dental surgeries, leading to less sensitivity and permanent damage to teeth
You can expect good results from take-home teeth whitening but, of course, this relies on patients following the instructions given by us.
Please note the following further considerations:
- Teeth whitening is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- It is not permanent and the degree of whiteness will vary from individual to individual depending on the original colour of your teeth
- It will only work on natural teeth and external stains
- It will not work on internal stains and poorly developed tooth abnormalities
- Healthy gums are recommended prior to treatment. We can help you achieve this!
The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability. Contact us to make a booking.